Cold water soluble TKP is modified tamarind powder extracted from the seeds of tamarind tree (tamaraindusindica). It is 100% COLD WATER SOLUBLE Gum used in textile printing worldwide.
Carboxymethyl Tamarind Kernel Powder (CMT or CMTKP) is an anionic water soluble polymer; it is derived from Tamarind Kernel Powder (TKP), which is made cold water soluble by a chemical reaction (Carboxymethylation). Cold water solubility is achieved by introducing carboxymethyl groups (-CH2-COOH) along the polysaccharide chain, which makes hydration of the molecule possible in cold water.
CMT is modified Tamarind Kernel Powder (TKP), TKP extracted from seeds of Tamarind Tree (Tamarindus Indica). Tamarind is an evergreen tree grows mainly in India & also in other part of world. Today; India is the largest producer of tamarind.
Tamarind seeds are processed in to CMT by seed selection, seed coat removal, separation, hammer milling, grinding, sieving, chemical processing, drying, grinding and sieving.
CMT is bio-compatible, bio-degradable, non- toxic & modified natural polymer.
CMT is derivatives of Polysaccharides composed of Glucosyl : Xylosyl : Galactosyl in ration of 3:2:1.
CMT is water solutions are Non-Newtonian and yield higher viscosities than most of starch derivatives at equivalent concentrations.
PH7 is used for Reactive dyes and 9-10 PH is used for acid dyes, vat dyes and disperse prints.
- CMT widely used as textile printing thickener.
- CMT also used for sizing in jute yarn & cotton warp.
- CMT has extensive use in paper & explosive industry where it is used as viscosity builder.
- CMT used as a binder in slurry explosive as a substitute for guar gum.
- CMT used as a core binder in foundries & mosquito coils.
- CMT used as a sizing material in paper industry.
- CMT very effectively used these days by oil drilling companies as soil stabilizer.
- CMT has numerous other applications & its low cost gives it an edge over other thickening agents.
L.R Industries also manufactures custom made Printing Thickeners as per specific requirement of the customers